Although the heats of the season we are in do not encourage us to turn on the oven frequently, it is true that many classic summer recipes such as roast chicken or any of these 31 pizza recipes make us turn it on without laziness. Today we propose that you bake any of these nine homemade biscuits for breakfast and summer snacks with which you will make your families happy.
We have chosen new sponge cake recipes, valid for all tastes, more classic, more modern and original, and of course, looking the easiest biscuit recipes so you don't complicate your life cooking on vacation. If you're ready, let's go to the kitchen and start baking.
1. Easy yogurt cake 1,2,3
- Ingredients: 1 Natural yogurt (can also be a lemon-flavored yogurt), Sunflower oil the size of yogurt, Sugar twice the size of yogurt, Pastry flour three times the size of yogurt, 3 Eggs, Chemical yeast 8 g, medium envelope (Royal type or similar), optional lemon zest and Butter to spread the mold
- Elaboration: Nothing is easier than this yogurt sponge cake recipe, as long as you remember measures 1, 2, and 3, applied to the alphabetically ordered ingredients. In a bowl we put the contents of a glass of yogurt - I prefer it naturally but you can also do it with lemon-flavored yogurt - and add three eggs, a measure of sunflower oil and two measures of sugar. We beat well. On the other hand, we mix the flour -3 measures of the glass of yogurt- with the yeast and stir so that it is distributed evenly. Aided by the rods, we gradually incorporate the flour on the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, leaving a dough to form while we beat and add the flour as it is incorporated. If you want your cake to have more citrus flavor, you can add the zest of a lemon. In the meantime, we will have preheated the oven at 180 ° C for about ten minutes and we will have buttered a cake mold. We only need to dump the dough in our mold and let it bake without opening the oven door for 35 minutes. It is important not to open so that the temperature inside the oven does not fall and our cake does not fall. After 30 minutes we can quickly open and check the cooking point by putting a wooden skewer in the dough to see if it comes out clean or dirty. In the first case, our cake will be ready. If something dirty comes out, we wait another five minutes and then turn off the oven.
Full recipe here
2. Juicy sponge cake with cream cheese, lemon, poppy and almonds
- Ingredients: 3 Eggs L, Sugar, 150 g, Cream cheese, 200 g, Lemon zest, 1, Pastry flour, 220 g, Chemical yeast, 15 g, Salt, 2 g, Poppy seeds two or three teaspoons, Rolled almond or in canes, extra sugar for coverage (optional)
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a rectangular mold of the plum cake type. Arrange the eggs in a medium bowl, add the sugar and beat with a rod mixer for about 3 minutes, until it has a pale color and we have a spongy texture. Add the drained cream cheese of its liquid and the lemon zest, beating a little more. Apart sift or mix with flour the flour with the yeast, salt and poppy seeds. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and work everything smoothly until you have a lump-free homogeneous mass. Pour into the mold, equalizing the top, and cover with raw, chopped, rolled or rolled peeled almonds, and a little sugar. Bake for about 50-55 minutes, ensuring that the almonds are not burned. If they brown too much, cover with foil. Wait a little out of the oven before unmolding and let cool completely on a rack.
Full recipe here
3. Tangerine cake
- Ingredients for eight people: 200 g of tangerine, 4 eggs, 100 g of sugar, zest of half a lemon, 2 g of salt, 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil, 180 g of ground almonds, 10 g of chemical yeast and icing sugar to decorate ( optional).
- Elaboration: Wash the tangerines very well and remove any remaining rabitos. Fill a pot with water and cook the fruit without letting it boil for about 20-30 minutes, until they are very tender. Let drain and cool. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a round mold of about 20 cm in diameter. When they don't burn, finish drying and cutting into quarters, taking out the bones they may have. Crush with a blender or food processor until you have a homogeneous paste. Whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon zest and salt with a whisk, until fluffy; add olive oil. Beat a little more until it is homogeneous. Add the tangerine, ground almonds and chemical yeast, mix gently until everything is integrated, pour into the mold and bake for about 45-50 minutes. It should be slightly damp in the center. Wait a little before unmolding and let cool completely on a rack. Garnish with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Full recipe here
4. Triple chocolate sponge cake
- Ingredients:For the cake Pastry flour, 200 g, Chemical powder yeast, 1 sachet, 1 teaspoon baking soda, cocoa powder, 3 Egg, Sugar, 150 g, 1/4 teaspoon salt, Butter at room temperature, 200 g, Chocolate fondant chopped 50 Minimum% of cocoa, 150 g, Water 50 ml, Brown sugar 100 g, Minimum liquid cream 35% MG 80 g For the chocolate cream filling Chocolate fondant chopped 50% minimum cocoa, 100 g, Pure cocoa powder, 20 g, Chopped butter, Salt a pinch, Liquid whipping cream, 100 g, Condensed milk, 350 g.For the chocolate ganache Chocolate fondant chopped 50% minimum cocoa, 150 g, 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla, 80 g liquid cream and 250 g Strawberries for decoration
- Elaboration: If we make the biscuits with Thermomix, we put in the glass the flour, the yeast, the bicarbonate and the cocoa and mix 10 sec / vel 7. We remove to a bowl and reserve. Place the butterfly on the blades and put the eggs, sugar and salt in the glass, beat 5 min 30 sec / 37º / vel 3.5. Remove the butterfly and pour the mixture into another bowl. We put in the glass the butter, the chocolate, the water and we heat 5 min / 50º / vel 1. We place the butterfly in the blades, we add to the glass the brown sugar and the cream and mix 15 sec / vel 3,5. We incorporate the two reserved preparations around the blades and mix 10 sec / vel 3.5. We remove the butterfly and finish mixing with the spatula. If we do not use the Thermomix to make the biscuits, we sift the flour, yeast, baking soda and cocoa into a bowl. With a rod mixer, in another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and salt until they blanch and double in size. We heat the chocolate, butter and water in the water bath until everything is melted. We put it in a large bowl and add the brown sugar and cream and beat it. Add the flour mixture and the beaten eggs and mix everything with the spatula. We grease three 20 cm molds and distribute the dough between them (approximately 350 g of dough per mold) and cook them for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 ° C or until by sticking with a stick it comes out clean. We take them out of the oven, let them cool on a rack and meanwhile continue with the recipe. To make the chocolate cream filling with the Thermomix, we put the chocolate, the pure cocoa in the glass and grate 10 sec / vel 10. With the spatula we lower the ingredients towards the bottom of the glass. Add the butter, salt, cream and condensed milk and program 10 min / 100º / vel 4. Remove to a bowl and let cool, then store in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes. Then, we place the butterfly on the blades, cut the cold chocolate mixture into pieces and put it in the glass, beat 1 min / vel 3.5. We remove to a bowl and reserve. To make the chocolate cream filling without Thermomix, we crush the chocolate with the cocoa. We put them in a saucepan with the butter, salt, cream and condensed milk and heat it until it boils. Let it cool, then store in the fridge for about 45 minutes. Then, cut the cold chocolate mixture into pieces and crush. We remove to a bowl and reserve. To make the chocolate ganache with the Thermomix, we put the chocolate in the glass and chop 8 sec / vel 5. With the spatula we lower the chocolate towards the bottom of the glass and program 5 min / 50º / vel 1. Without removing the chocolate from the glass, bathe the strawberries in it and place them on a sheet of baking paper. Add the glass, the cream and the vanilla and heat 2 min / 80º / vel 1. To make the chocolate ganache without Thermomix, we crush the chocolate and put it in the water bath to melt it. We bathe the strawberries in it and we place them on a sheet of baking paper. Add the cream and vanilla to the saucepan and heat without boiling to join everything. Cake assembly. We put one of the biscuits on a flat plate to serve and spread over half the chocolate filling. Place the other cake on top and spread the remaining chocolate filling. We put the third cake and cover it with the chocolate ganache. Finally, we decorate with chocolate dipped strawberries.
Full recipe here
5. Lemon, arbequina and thyme sponge cake
- Ingredients: 4 Egg L, Sugar 120 g, Salt 4 g, Arbequina extra virgin olive oil, 175 ml, Lemon juice, 30 ml, Dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon Pastry flour, 120 g Baking soda, 4 g and Sugar for coverage
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and grease or line a removable round mold about 20-22 cm in diameter with sulfurized paper. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks in two containers. Beat the yolks and sugar with a blender for about 3-5 minutes. It has to be thick and pale in color. Add the salt and lemon zest, and beat a little more. Then, add in a constant thread the oil, while beating, and the lemon juice. Add flour with baking soda and thyme and mix with some rods, by hand. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add 1/3, stirring well with a spatula or tongue. Incorporate the rest of the egg whites and work the dough with smooth, enveloping movements, until it is homogeneous. Pour into the mold, equalizing the surface, and sprinkle one or two tablespoons of sugar on top Bake on rack for about 45 minutes, until it is very golden on top and when pricking with a stick it comes out clean. Wait a few minutes before unmolding and allow to cool completely on a rack.
Full recipe here
6. Sponge cake Genovesa de la Marquesa de Parabere
- Ingredients: 4 Eggs at room temperature, Fine or normal grain sugar, 120 g, Pastry flour, 100 g, Cornstarch, 20 g, Salt, 2 g, Vanilla essence, 5 ml, Lemon zest (optional), 0.25, Butter without salt (and a little more to grease), 100 g, icing sugar to taste to decorate
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a removable round mold, about 20 cm in diameter. If we use it bigger, the cake will be shorter. Grease with butter and sprinkle with a little sifted flour; shake upside down to remove excess. Melt the chopped butter, in a water bath or in the microwave, at low power and short intervals of time. Reserve. Sift in a bowl the pastry flour with cornstarch and salt, better if done twice. Arrange the eggs in a deep bowl with the sugar. La Marquesa indicates ground sugar, but we prefer to use fine grain (known as caster in English) or normal granules. You can also grind lightly at home with a suitable robot. Beat with rod mixer starting at low speed and increasing the power to an intermediate-high point. Beat very well for about 5-10 minutes, until it has tripled its volume and is very spongy. Add the vanilla essence and / or the lemon zest and beat a little more. Add the melted butter by letting it drip slowly, while beating at low speed, so that it integrates well. Finally incorporate the flour mixture, little by little, and gently work the dough with a spatula or pastry tongue, so as not to lower the eggs, until everything is well integrated without dry lumps. Pour into the pan carefully and bake at medium height for about 25-30 minutes, being careful not to brown excessively from above. Prick with a stick in the center to check if it is cooked. The exact time may vary. Wait a little out of the oven before gently unmolding and transfer to a rack to cool completely. Decorate to taste with screened icing sugar, if desired.
Full recipe here
7. Savarina cake of the Marquise de Parabere
- Ingredients: Flour, 250 g, Butter, 125 g, Pressed yeast, 10 g, Sugar, 2 teaspoons, Salt, 1 teaspoon, Milk, 200 ml, Sugar (for syrup), 225 g, Water (for syrup) , 500 ml, Orange liquor (for syrup), 125 ml, Orange peel to taste (for syrup), Butter to grease the mold
- Elaboration: We will start in a bowl putting the flour, we make a hole in the center and add the warm milk with the dissolved yeast. We add the four beaten eggs. With the fingertips we are joining the ingredients, when they are all integrated, we pass the mixture to a countertop and begin to knead until we get a smooth and elastic dough. Let rise 30 minutes at room temperature. After this time we add the butter and salt, we continue working the dough, projecting it hard on the countertop so that it becomes elastic and when a portion is stretched, do not break. Add the sugar while pouring the milk into tablespoons and rubbing the dough a lot. At this point we place the dough in the well-greased mold, leaving 1/3 of the height of the mold without dough as it rises a lot. Let it ferment until it almost reaches the edge of the mold. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, bake for 40 minutes without opening the oven. Once cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool out of the pan on a rack. For the bath, in a pot we put the water and sugar, add the lemon or orange strips and bring it to a boil. Remove from heat and add rum or orange liqueur. When it is approximately 60 degrees Celsius, we bathe the cake cold and pour the syrup over it with a soup ladle. We let it drain well and pass it to a presentation plate.
Full recipe here
8. Cream cake with condensed milk and lemon juice
- Ingredients: 3 Eggs, Condensed milk, 300 g, Pastry flour 100 g, Lemon juice (the juice of 2 beautiful lemons), Lemon zest (1 lemon), Sunflower oil, 60 ml, Medium chemical yeast about (8g ) and Butter spread on the mold, 5 g
- Elaboration: This recipe is quite particular in its preparation, and nothing similar to conventional biscuits. We start beating the egg yolks with the oil and then add the condensed milk. Worked with the rods, we will obtain a homogeneous cream. Then add the whipped egg whites. It is time to incorporate the baking flour that we will have mixed with the chemical yeast or impeller. We are adding it little by little until the mass of our cake is formed. Here comes the curious part that is the subject of lemon juice. When adding the lemon zest and the juice, our dough will seem to be cut initially but if we continue stirring, then it will thicken significantly. Once we have a homogeneous dough again, we fill a pre-buttered cake mold and bake at 170 ° C for 45 minutes until the surface is golden, and we can put a skewer or a knife and leave it clean. It is important not to open the oven while making the cake and when finished, let it cool inside the oven before cutting it.
Full recipe here
9. Avocado cake with nut glaze
- Ingredients: 2 Avocados, 3 Eggs, Sugar, 160 g, 1 Lemon, Arbequina extra virgin olive oil, 40 ml, Pastry flour, 240 g, Chemical yeast 1 sachet of 16 g, Natural yogurt 2 tablespoons, Iced sugar 3 tablespoons, 6 Nuts
- Elaboration: We start beating the eggs with the sugar and extra virgin olive oil until you get a creamy mixture. On the other hand, we crush the avocados with the juice of half a lemon and mix with the beaten eggs with the sugar and the oil. We sift the flour and add it, together with the chemical yeast, beating until obtaining a homogeneous mixture. It doesn't matter if there are any clumps because then they melt in the oven. Flour a mold and put our mixture, baking it for 40 minutes at 180 ° C. To make the glaze, we beat the yogurt with the icing sugar. We take the avocado cake from the oven when we can put a skewer and see that it comes out clean. Let cool and add the glaze, letting it drip on the edges. Finally, we decorate with some California nuts and ready to enjoy an unforgettable snack.
Full recipe here