The peppers are right now. You kill them, well loaded, bring us all kinds of peppers at this time. From the piquillo, from Padrón, fat and fleshy to roast, Italian greens perfect for making stir-fry, peppers for garnish, to fill ... With some of these varieties, we have selected these seven recipes with peppers to enjoy your season.
In addition to this selection, here you can find many more recipes with peppers, being part of sauces, stir fry, salads, stews, rice and vinaigrettes. Surely with so much variety, You can enjoy this ingredient when it is at its best.Live to the PalateSeven recipes of stuffed piquillo peppers for the pecking of the weekend
Seven recipes with peppers to enjoy your season
Fried, roasted, stuffed, as part of a sauce or a sauce, the peppers are always delicious at the end of the summer, when they are in full season. We hope you enjoy these seven recipes with peppers.
1. Potatoes to the poor
- Ingredients: 4 potatoes, 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, 2 Italian green peppers, 1/2 red pepper, parsley, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Elaboration: Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices about 3 mm thick - similar to the bakers -, cut the peppers into medium-sized pieces and chop the onions in fine julienne. In a pan we put plenty of oil and pour all the ingredients starting from cold oil. Thus we get everything to cool very slowly or rather, to be confit. Do not worry about all that oil that we will then strain and we can use it for a thousand and one recipes, fried foods and stews. After about fifteen minutes over low heat, there will begin to be movement in the pan and we will see the first bubbles, at which time we can season and raise the heat to lightly brown the potatoes, once we have verified that they already begin to be soft when they have been confit . With another five or ten minutes over medium heat we will have the potatoes ready for the poor. To brown them a little more, remove the frying oil and let them toast for a minute in the pan. Be careful not to split, as far as possible. Once the potatoes are made, we will drain them well in a strainer to remove all the excess oil. When serving, they are often sprinkled with chopped parsley and some people recommend adding a few drops of white wine vinegar.
Full recipe here
2. Zorongollo, Extremadura pepper salad
- Ingredients: 3 Large, fleshy red peppers, 1 Chive, 2 Pear or branch tomatoes, 3 eggs, 2 Garlic cloves, Extra virgin olive oil, Sherry vinegar, Salt, Fresh parsley or chopped chives
- Elaboration: The first thing is to roast the peppers. We can start from a shipment that we have already made before, or also take the opportunity to roast more vegetables, since we turn on the oven. They can be roasted the day before. Basically, you have to wash them and roast them whole in a preheated oven at about 200º C for 35-45 minutes, until the skin is black. They are allowed to sweat covered with a cloth or plastic to cool off the skin, and peel, discarding the seeds and filaments. We can use to roast some tomatoes, which we will also add to the zorongollo. Cut the scallion into thin feathers and place in a bowl covered with very cold water and a pinch of salt; so they will be much softer. Cook the eggs in boiling water, at medium temperature, for about 8-11 minutes. Cool, peel and set aside. Mount the zorongollo cutting the roasted peppers in strips, add roasted or canned tomato pulp -optional- and the garlic clove. Pour a generous stream of extra virgin olive oil, vinegar to taste and moderate salt. Mix so that the flavors combine well. Serve with the well-drained scallion, the cut or chopped egg and a little more oil. Finish with black pepper and / or chopped parsley if desired. Save in the fridge until serve.
Full recipe hereLive to the Palate How to fry peppers with oil and water so that they are tender inside and golden on the outside (how possibly your grandmother did)
3. Tomato, onion and pepper ratatouille
- Ingredients: 6 Tomatoes, 2 Italian green pepper, 1 Onion, Extra virgin olive oil 3 tablespoons, salt to taste
- Elaboration: Although the ratatouille can be made using crushed tomato with which to tie a slow stir-fry of onion and pepper, my grandmother -and I- much like to use whole tomatoes, broken into pieces. For this reason, our first task will be to chop the three ingredients, tomatoes, peppers and onion into small pieces of similar size. Ideally, cut them into small squares so that everyone cooks and looks soft and juicy. In the pan we put 3 tablespoons of oil and we start poaching the onion and pepper, which need more time to be ready. Then we incorporate the tomatoes, which we will have peeled and chopped into small pieces. We let the whole continue to cook slowly until the pieces of pepper are very tender and until practically all the water that will release the tomato has evaporated.
Full recipe here
4. Pepper and cream cheese terrine
- Ingredients: 3 Red peppers, 3 Green peppers, 3 Yellow peppers, 250 ml Liquid cream, 400 g Cream cheese, 6 g Foil jelly, Extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons, Salt and pepper to taste and fresh coriander to taste
- Elaboration: We will start by cutting the peppers into large strips, we remove the seeds and the white pieces. We cook them for 10 minutes in boiling water with salt. Once time passes, we drain them and let them cool. Sprinkle them with olive oil, salt, pepper and let them marinate for 30 minutes. On the other hand, soak the gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. We boil the cream in a saucepan, add the drained jelly and mix. In a salad bowl, we crush the cream cheese at room temperature with a fork, add the cream, salt, pepper and mix. Add salt and pepper. We form a narrow and elongated mold with kitchen film, leaving plastic to then be able to close the mold. We place strips of pepper of 3 colors, then we spread a layer of fresh cheese. We repeat the process and finish with a layer of peppers. We booked a few to decorate. Fold the film over to leave the mold tightly closed. Let cool one night in the fridge. When the hours pass, we unmold, decorate with chopped pepper and coriander leaves. We serve very cold.
Full recipe here
5. Cod branded timbale with peppers
- Ingredients: 350 g Crumbled salted cod, 1 Medium potato, Extra virgin olive oil 200 ml 1 Garlic clove, 4 Black pepper berries, 60 ml Milk, 200 g Piquillo peppers, Fresh herbs to taste, Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Elaboration: The cod will have to be previously desalted if we buy it salty. The crumbs take less than the whole pieces, normally with 24 hours to soak in cold water it will be enough - changing the water every eight hours. We can leave it longer to make sure it is perfect. Wash the potato, peel, and cook -there are those who prefer to cook it without peeling and whole, this time I did it already chopped a little to speed up the process-; We can have it cooked in advance, already cold. Put the olive oil in a pan or pan and heat over very low heat. When it reaches 80ºC - warm to the touch without burning - add the cod, the peppercorns and the peeled garlic clove; You must cover it completely. Cook keeping the temperature for about 20 minutes, remove and drain. Discard the pepper and the clove of garlic, although we can use it in the branded, but eliminating it will be softer. Strain the oil and set aside. Place the cod in the blender glass or a suitable container with the milk and beat a little. Add the crushed potato and beat a little more. Add oil little by little, emulsifying the mixture, until you have a fine cream. We can add more milk if it is too thick. Drain the canned peppers, cut on one side to open them and dry with paper towels, cleaning the seeds. Cut into thin strips and dress with good oil in a bowl. Reserve some to decorate. Assemble the dishes using a small ring hoop, lightly greased inside with oil so that it comes out better. Alternate layers of brandade and peppers, beginning and ending with the first. Top with a strip of pepper, caviar or substitute, chopped herbs and a thread of good oil.
Full recipe hereLive to the Palate Peppers stuffed with meat, my favorite recipe to brighten up a family reunion
6. Pepper and mozzarella cake
- Ingredients: Puff pastry, 250 g, Colored peppers, 2, Mozzarella cheese, 250 g, Purple onion, 30 ml Olive oil, Salt and Ground black pepper
- Elaboration: To make the recipe we are going to cut the peppers into julienne of similar size. We place them in a pan with olive oil and sauté, over medium heat, for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile we extend the puff pastry to which we give the shape of the mold that we will use. When we have it ready we place it in the mold previously greased or coated with non-stick paper. We cut the mozzarella cheese into pieces with which we cover the bottom of the cake. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. We pour the pepper mixture in the cake. We cut the purple onion into julienne that we add to the cake. We spray with olive oil. We put in a hot oven, at 180ºC, for about 30 minutes.
Full recipe here
7. Toasted scallops au gratin on very tasty peppers from La Gabinoteca
- Ingredients: 9 scallops, 3 slices of bread, 1 large red pepper, olive oil, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise sauce
- Elaboration: We cut three slices of bread very elongated, giving the oblique cuts to the loaf of bread. To make the toast, we will have to toast the bread lightly, what we will do at the end of the recipe, taking advantage of the time while the oven is preheating to gratin. We grilled the scallops so that they caramelicen slightly on their surface and reserve. To make the candied peppers, we cut the peppers in raw strips and put them in a saucepan with plenty of oil leaving them to be done at low temperature for an hour, without getting brown. Then we drain the peppers and cut them into small squares. We pass the peppers to a small saucepan, add a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of water and cook them until they begin to melt forming a kind of jam. We preheat the oven to 230º and while it reaches that temperature, we toast the bread. Then we put on each toast a tablespoon of the very sweet peppers and three scallops, covering them with a tablespoon of mayonnaise. Gratin the toast until a golden crust forms and serve immediately.
Full recipe hereLive to the PalateSeven refreshing recipes with watermelon to enjoy it at its best